I’ve written a post on the power of prayer last year, when Ben received his long-awaited scholarship. And today, I write again, of the significance and power of prayer.

Yes, I’ve went through ALL my camps.

1) FTB Run 2 31/7-2/8

2) OIKOS! Camp 4/8-6/8

3) Campus Crusade for Christ Camp 7/8-9/8

4) FTB Run 4 13/8-15/8

Before the first 3 camps, I posted a prayer request, as you can see in my previous post. 2 of my friends told me personally that they will pray for me. And I think others who have read my post and believe in the power of prayer have also prayed for me in their own way, whether silently hoping or praying aloud.

I was quite apprehensive before my first camp, as it has come into realization that I’m in my 2nd year now. Freshmen are coming in…I’m no longer a freshman(or a freshlady)! I didn’t know what to expect…I prayed the night before.

My first camp was one which I had an experience of my life. At a point in time, I was in anguish, a deep anguish, a feeling that I have not felt before this. Nevertheless, God took me through the experience, and I survived.

My subsequent 2 camps were definitely great ones…they definitely had the presence of God there, whether or not the outcome of the camp is what I desired or not. [They had alcohol in the OIKOS! Camp, which really pains my heart…but this is God’s plan, and He will teach all of us a lesson through this=]]

For the 3 camps, I was physically very tired. I barely slept-an average of 3 ½ hours everyday! I know that it is God who pulled me through the camps, giving me physical strength as I declared my incompetence in having enough energy.

Naturally, I was quite tired after 3 camps. But I didn’t fall sick at all! I know that it is because of prayers from me and my friends that brought me through all these 3 camps alive. Thank God too, I had a break before my next camp.

Campus Crusade for Christ Camp

By my 4th camp, I just wanted to get over and done with. I asked my previously mentioned 2 friends to pray for me-for wisdom and physical strength. In the camp, God taught me how to be patient with the freshmen, gave me friends like Michelle to depend on when I didn’t know how to conduct debriefs and gave me physical strength. Yet again, I knew it was the prayers that gave me these privileges.

On Monday before school started, I was so apprehensive. I didn’t have a good semester last year when I was a freshman because I was ill prepared for the stress ahead. I also didn’t fully commit my burdens to God. I asked Sarah to come earlier to school to pray, but we didn’t get to meet each other before class. I arrived earlier, and bump into a friend who’s a Christian. I’m not close to him at all, but it happened that we were in the same class, and so we started talking before class started. Since Sarah wasn’t around, I boldly asked him to pray with me. And pray we did. I felt much better after prayer! I also felt that we bonded in a way which we were not capable of if it wasn’t for our praying session together. =)

Today, we had a dedication service in school. To dedicate the year to the Lord, and declare our dependence on Him. After the service, I talked to Galvin. Galvin believes strongly in the power of prayer, and doesn’t mind people praying on the spot for him. He also doesn’t mind praying for people. I shared with him my troubles of getting the modules I want, and he immediately offered to pray for me. I was touched by God when he prayed for me, and started tearing a little. Ahh….the things that prayer can do. =) One of my prayers was immediately answered right after he prayed for me!!


The power of prayer doesn’t lie in what we say, but our sincerity towards what we pray for. If we seek him with our hearts, you’ll see the power of prayer coming into action. When He doesn’t answer us, or He doesn’t do according to what we pray for, at least we know that we have committed our worries and burdens to Him. He’ll take care of you nonetheless. =D