Yup, back from Aussie!

Overall, I enjoyed the trip. Basically in Melbourne, I met a lot of friends and relatives of my Dad's that I didn't know he has (Or rather, relatives that I didn't know I have =S). In Gold Coast/Brisbane, we rented a car and drove around, going to tourist attractions and places where the property market is booming.

I'll blog about what happned in Aussie, and break it into a few parts. (Haha, trying to be like CY, who blog's a lot about her trip to HK, haha)

Anyway, I took a direct flight from Singapore to Melbourne last last Tuesday (8/7/8). The flight was delayed by 1 hour(shucks...) but it's OK, we're going on a holiday anyway, no rush to anywhere, haha.

Went to Changi Airport's Bamboo Garden since our flight was delayed

And so, the plane departed at 9.45pm, and bound to reach Melbourne local time of 6.45am.

The plane did arrive on time, and from there, we went to Uncle Richard's house. Uncle Richard is my dad's ex-uni mate + ex-course mate + ex-house mate. Haha, so cool eh? My dad is gonna be his house mate again, for 3 days.

As we went past housing estates and streets to get to his house, it was a great eye-pleaser to see so many houses which ain't over 5 storeys. The vast land which Australia has caters to number of houses that are built there, and how high the houses/buildings are. (Singapore is the 3rd most densely populated country in the world, with lots and lots of high rises here...can't blame me for enjoying seeing the houses there!)

Anyway, Uncle Richard warmly greeted us when we arrived there. He and his wife, Auntie Sue, woke up early to receive us. It was very nice of them, hee. And oh God, his house is sooo spacious! A BIG living room, with 4 cars(3 of them parked INSIDE his house), a beautiful garden, and nice bedrooms!!! It's way better than living in a hotel!

We rested there for a few hours, and then went to the city. And boy, was the city so busy! (Not as busy as the MRTs in Singapore, but nonetheless, still, busy). We took a train there, and once I stepped out of the train station, I saw beautiful buildings, of the 1800s and 1900s. I'm glad that they preserved the buildings, they're really very beautiful. I love the architecture!

The famous Flinder's St Station

Beautiful church building in the background

We then went to Lygon St for lunch, to have Italian food. Apparently, Lygon St is famous for Italian food since the days my parents were studying there. My mum went questioning: "Oh, is Toto still there? Let's go there". Toto was her favourite Italian restaurant when she was still studying there. And lo and behold, YES, it was there!!!


First established in 1961 =)

Seafood spaghetti...yum =9
The Italian food was good, I had to say. I think it's comparable to the Italian food in Italy! Yum.

After that, my cousin, Hean, joined us. He took us on a tour around Melbourne Uni. It's a beautiful university. =) We also went to the Comerce and Economics faculty building, the place that I would be if I didn't study in Singapore. XD

That's all for now, we'll update as time goes by!