Characters in this entry:
Me- an SMU student with a lot of homework to do, who holds a commitment not to meet Hun Hao.
Hun Hao-my ex-bf, he randomly wrote a letter to me. It arrived in Sg around 1 week ago.
Shen-a friend from Penang who moved to Singapore because he needed to complete NS. Jamie’s ex-bf, broke up on very friendly terms. Met him 2 days ago for dinner at Orchard Road.
Jamie-Shen and Hun Hao’s friend, whom I know too.
Peiying-my younger sister who has to complete her Physics report.
I went to Coffee Bean just now to do my homework. There’s Wi-Fi there! The house in Penang does not have wireless. Besides that, the PC was spoilt! Needless to say, I had to find somewhere to do my homework. I was quite desperate, and I was quite gan cheong about my homework, since I have not done much(Maybe I don’t have much work, but at least I feel an urge to finish as much as possible). So anyway, at 8plus at night, I went to Gurney Plaza, and was deliberating between Starbucks and Coffee Bean. Finally, I chose Coffee Bean and started doing my homework. At around 10, my younger sis, Peiying, joined me at Coffee Bean, as she had to do her Physics report. Darn the PC at home, hah.
I wanted to reply Hun Hao’s letter through email, but I didn’t have time..so anyway, my sis and I were doing our homework till ard 12am, as Coffee Bean closes then. I still had work to do, but haih, just had to leave it for tomorrow. We went off and wanted to go to the car park, when I saw…ok, at this point, please guess who I bumped into. It was…Hun Hao, the one person whom I should not meet, and Jamie, at Starbucks.
My jaw literally dropped, and so did theirs. Hun Hao didn’t know I was back in Penang, let alone Jamie. I was staring at Jamie, and she was staring back at me. I didn’t want and didn’t dare to look at Hun Hao, but I know that he staring at me, stunned.
Jamie started asking me about Shen, and so I answered her questions. I didn’t know why I told her about Shen. It felt that it was hurting to tell her, but then again, I kinda thought that it was OK for her to know.
I sat down and chit chatted with them, and I found out that Hun Hao had not gone to Starbucks in Gurney Plaza for 2 months, until today. He is going to go back on Wednesday, and he met Jamie up to play tennis and catch up.
And now, whoever is reading, please tell me, is this divine appointment, or coincidence? Of all people to meet 2 days ago, why would it have to be Shen? Of all people to bump into, why did I bump into a person who I have committed not to meet or contact? Of all people to bump into, why did I bump into Jamie, who is Shen’s ex-gf? The place and the timing had also had to be accurate in order for 3 of us to bump into each other. Hah.
After Jamie left, my sis also went home, as there were many mosquitoes. Hun Hao wanted to leave, but I said that I wanted to talk to him. And so we did. We went to the seafront near Gurney Plaza to talk. I questioned his motive of sending the letter to me, and boy, did he put a lot of effort in writing the letter. What he did was that he wrote it in Chinese, found it not suitable, and wrote it in English again. He typed it out in the computer first to make sure there were no mistakes. He also enclosed a bracelet along with the letter, which he took some effort to choose. I had no idea that he was capable of putting so much effort into something. He was usually quite lackadaisical in doing things when we were together. Well, to cut things short, I accepted his reason of sending his letter, which is that he did it randomly.
I started to enjoy the conversation, hah.
After that, he sent me home. He gave me major hints that he wanted to meet tomorrow, since it is his last full day here, and that he may not come back to Penang at the end of this year as his brother is graduating from the University of Tasmania, and he would go and attend his graduation there.
I ask God: Why did You allow this to happen? Are you testing me? Do you want me to meet him tomorrow?
Then I got my answer: I should ask myself, What Would Jesus Do?
Well, Jesus advised us not to do something if we doubt it.
Currently, I doubt whether I should meet Hun Hao tomorrow. But I am human, not Jesus. Jesus woud never doubt in the first place. Let’s see what happens tomorrow then…
3 comments:
wrong, Jesus wouldn't have to doubt about anything XP
WHAT HAPPEN!!!???????????????? *nose bleed*
tell tell~~~~~~~~ PULEASE~~~~~~~~~ O.O
or you can just tell me~~~
yup, thanks bx!
Post a Comment