Ahh...it's great to be back in Penang.

Anyway, I'll go straight to the point. When there is giving, there is also someone who takes. Thus, it takes at least 2 persons to give and receive, each person on one side.
In this case, it involved not just 2 persons. It involved a few people.

My younger sis is following my footsteps on the choice of pre-u programme that she is going to take. None other than New South Wales HSC. Naturally, she had to buy textbooks for the subjects she chose. Fortunately, the HSC syllabus has not changed since my time, and so, she can use my books.

I actually sold my textbooks and gave my notes to Belle, my church friend. Naturally too, I went to find her to obtain my textbooks from her to give to my sis. I sold my whole load of textbooks and notes to her at a cheap price, and she, doing the same, sold it back to me for an even cheaper price. One good deed deserves another.=) I'm glad that she was generous too, be it out of paiseh-ness or pure good heart. Such small gestures and acts can influence others to obtain the values that the gestures or acts imply, and in this case, it was the value of generosity.

Since Belle didn't take all the subjects that my sis is going to take, my sis had to obtain her other textbooks from another source. We were at Inti that day, and Belle was talking to 3 of her friends. She helped ask whether any of them can sell their textbooks to my sis, and 2 of them actually offered to give some textbooks for free! Woohoo!

One of them passed my sis the textbook. And somehow, he asked: "Do you know Wee Hean?" Well of course I answered naturally:"He's my cousin!" He replied:"Wee Hean gave me his textbooks. He told me to pass on his textbooks to others and not to sell it, as he didn't want me to gain profit from it. Oh well." Generous and giving cousin of mine, haha.
Call it coincidence that my cousin's spirit of giving was passed on to his friend, and his friend passed it on to my sister. I prefer to call it God-sent.

Giving generously should be practiced throughout the year, and especially during Christmas...may all of us use our resources to bless those who are in need around us, whether they are rich or poor!

Went to watch the Matrairch V drama...the dancing was great. Swift moves and great coordination. =)
The Matriarch V

Merry Christmas everyone!