The mid term break has come, and gone.

I'm glad that at least I had a break. Many of my friends said that they had project meetings throughout the week.=S

Anyway, back to the topic.
I enjoyed my trip to KL quite thoroughly.
It was really a break for me.=)

When I first arrived at the bus station, Jia Weih came to meet me. It's very nice to be in Malaysia again, after not going back to Malaysia for approximately 3 months. After crossing the causeway from Singapore to Johor, there was an immediate sense of relief and relax. Organised and structured trees passed by, switching into lush greenery, which aligned the 2 sides of the highway. Ah. Sheer relaxing of my taxed mind.

Anyway, Jia Weih and I went to Sunway Piramid from Pudu Rakyat KTM. (KTM stands for Keretapi Tanah Melayu=Malaysian Soil Train) We took the KTM to Masjid Jamek, then changed to a bus to Sunway. And OK, we got lost along the way. The bus routes were quite confusing. We did not know whether the bus numbers on the map on the location indicated the bus numbers that were to reach a certain location or that it indicated the bus numbers were available at that bus stop. (This sentence is confusing=S)

Anyway, with much asking around and with kind people answering our asking arounds, we manage to reach Sunway Piramid! Jia Weih and I watched Resident Evil:The extinction for RM8 a ticket. Now where can you get that in Singapore? Hah. But according to Jia Weih's standards it's expensive.Heh. I appreciate the relatively cheap Malaysian pricing more than ever now. =)

Anyway, we met up with Yi Mei, Gwen, Meow and Phaik Yin after that for dinner. And gosh, do I miss them! I haven't seen them for so damn long...months and months!! We've known each other for around 10 years, so it's very comforting to be around them. And as Yi Mei said in her blog, we can just click without having the initial awkward feelings that friends have after not meeting for a long time.

High school friends!
Me, Gwen, Jia Weih & Yi Mei


Jia Weih and I left Sunway Piramid for her uni at around 1030pm. We decided to take public transport back. And surprises of all surprises: The last KTM left already! Bah. Jia Weih then asked around, and we decided to take a public bus back to KL Sentral, then take another public bus back to her uni from there . And yes, we managed. BUT only the first half. And so, after Jia Weih asked around, we took at taxi back to her uni from KL Sentral. RM55, 45 mins. The distance is further than from Boon Lay to Pasir Ris. Ah. I felt guilty for suggesting Sunway Piramid as a meeting place, so I offered to pay the fare. Heh.

Jia Weih's uni was very pretty. Fountains, greenery, wide roads...ahh...the layout is what I would call a campus, hah.

Beautiful, green campus

Looking and feeling tired in JWeih's room

I realise that there are many small towns in Selangor(the state where KL is). In Singapore, it is more of from place to place, whereas in Selangor is from small town to small town. Ah, damn nice to be on a bigger piece of land. =)

Besides that, the public transport there is actually better than I expect. There are RapidKL buses, nice and comfy. Then there are the train systems, KTM, ERL, LRT, Monorail...hah. I'm not sure what some of them stand for actually. It is a wee bit confusing, but it is sufficient to get from one point to the other.
ERL station

People in Malaysia are so friendly...they gave directions when we asked..some went the extra mile to help us ask others...love it.=)

I'm touched by Jia Weih's kindness...she definitely has grown to become a better and greater person. Allowing me to bunk at her place, sleeping on a single bed with her. And I'm glad that we also could catch up!

All this, in Day 1 in KL. There's still Day 2! (=