Nothing better than enjoying good company and a good dinner.
Gerald invited me to a dinner at his place. Due to unhealthy sleeping hours and sleeping habits, and also because I was wearing contacts lenses, I was pretty tired. I could just smile wryly when greeted. Shy as I am being in an unfamiliar place, I was definitely quiet. I think I seemed a bit impolite, but, ahh...I'm an innate person. I'm in a changing process though.
He's a real fun person to be with. Though I was tired, he was full of energy. As always, talking incessantly. A crazy guy who is going to run 42km come December 2nd, he is also a guy who always watches Discovery Channel and finds adventure tours like traveling in a four-wheel drive from Li Jiang to Tibet fun. Plain crazy. Exciting.
I had a real sumptuous dinner, with great curry chicken, some bovine thing, snapper fish, salty bihun...definitely one of the best dinners I've had so far. The company I had made it all the more fun. Half-eaten dessert =)
The dessert? Strawberry coated with chocolate, Bo Bo Cha Cha, apple crumple(I think) and mangoes. Fabulous.
His parents' friends were all great business people. One of his uncles shared this tip about marriage:
Hah. Reason being the chances are that you're with the boy/girlfriend for a couple of years, and probably got used to each others bad habits, quarreling...things that you'll go through after marriage. Whereas if you were to marry a person who you've been attached to for only a short period of time, then after marriage, you'd have to have a great adaptation going on, on both parties. Quarreling will be a relatively new thing to you, and probably, sub consciously, you know that you are still are in an adjusting stage, and will make up after the quarrels. Blah.
Enjoyed myself, hah. I had to go back earlier if I wanted to be a good girl, but I really wanted to spend time, with a good friend.
Bad thing, is I came home at an unholy hour. And sleep is awaiting me...
1 comments:
You reminded me something about marriage...
Post a Comment