I had a great birthday. I was happy that it turned out great. It started as such...
-----------
16-March
I was supposed to meet Wai Che and Rhian for dinner. Wai Che was in town to attend her church camp (yay, she's become a believer! :D) and she stayed in Singapore for around a week after her church camp. I was only free after 8pm, so I met them late. Heaven knows that before I reached, they were shopping for my birthday present. -,- I didn't expect it at all, but was delightfully surprised. I love the gifts, it was a calendar with daily encouragements from Daily Springs, and a set of earrings, of different shapes and patterns from Accesorize. I think they definitely bought me those gifts with me in mind, knowing that I do wear earrings to prettify myself, and appreciate daily encouragements. :) We had dinner at Raffles City food court, then went to McD to finish up the girl talk cus it was too cold upstairs. Wai Che wanted us to visit her new house that her brother is living in now in Singapore, and after much deliberation, we settled to stay overnight on Friday.
---------
18-March
On that night, I had rehearsal for the Chinese Drama production I was involved in. I was just playing a small role, but nonetheless, had to be there, cus the production was the day after. I received an sms from Kai Qing asking me whether it was my birthday. I was like "eh, how does she know..." Kai Qing is a relatively newer friend as compared to my other friends, only got to
know her closer this year. But I was delightfully surprised too. Jeremy, my finance groupmate, called me too, to wish me happy birthday. Haha.
Rhian and I went to Wai Che's house for the stayover. It was a great time having girls talk, and we lasted till around 5am. Not bad for 23s huh! Having my birthday overnight, lol.
Jie smsed and wished me as she was working in the early hours of the morning.
-----------
19-March
The day of the drama production. We had two sessions, one at 3pm and one at 7pm. We started rehearsals at 10am. It was fun, my friend said that I acted kinda stiff. Hopefully I can improve my onstage acting skills if there's a chance.
That's how the day of my birthday went. Oh, in between the two sessions, Joshua Ee came to give me his birthday cake. It was his birthday that day too, and it so happen that he was in school on a Saturday too. Aw, so sweet. It was a yummy chocolate cake from Awfully Chocolate. We started talking, about what to do after gradauation, what is life, etc. Lol.
Throughout the day, I receive smses from friends from all over, north and south. I really appreciate the messages that I receive. ;)
After the second drama session, it was a sigh of relief. Finally, over! But it was a good sigh of relief. ;) I went over to Raffles City to meet Wan Xian and Joseph.
It was the sweetest on the day birthday celebration. Wan Xian celebrated my birthday with me in Wuhan, and Joseph being there just made our dream adventure in Wuhan all the more surreal. Joseph (his real name is Jose is Spanish) was in KL, and decided to visit us in Singapore since he was already in KL. Wan Xian and I met him in church in Wuhan. I find it quite amazing that we can communicate with him. His English isn't perfect, and his Mandarin is still learning in progress. But I have to say that I'm amazed at his stage of progression in languages. Oh, he's from Domincan Republic. :)
Having macha birthday cake at Canele :)
Wan Xian, me and Joseph
They gave me some stuff for my birthday present. After that, we went to That CD shop to get my bigger birthday present, haha. Joseph is pretty into music, so he explored the shop with ease. I was picking out my birthday present, listening to the songs. Joseph came over and let us listen to some Spanish songs. I picked out the CD "Shanghai Divas" for my birthday present. I have to say it was pretty pricey, thank Wan Xian for her generosity. :)
After that, we head off to Clarke Quay to let Joseph see the Singapore night scene. The view there and particularly that night was beautiful. Everyone was so tired that night, we took turns yawning on our way there. But visiting Clarke Quay was a must, lol. We went back around midnight that night.
-------------
20-March
Yes. The time to celebrate with my close friends in Sg, in SMU. Sarah was the one who organised it. I feel very happy to celebrate with them. These guys have been part of my SMU life throughout the 4 years, and some points in time. Esp Sa. I remembered how I thought I couldn't go through a semester without her in SMU. But gone through we did, when both of us went on exchange during different semesters last year. :) Evina is so sweet, and Jon is a happy go lucky guy, nice to be with. :)
I wanted make up for my birthday (yes, make up), so Sarah arrived a little earlier to shop with me. Being cheap, we settle for ZA and Revlon, lol. I went over to Body Shop to get blusher after that.
At Cedele, Raffles City
Jon, Evina, me and Sa
Having beer and cake at Grandma's Raffles City basement.
Being cheap-o about beer, we went there for it. :)
Birthday cake!
------------
March-21
Today was the last day Joseph was in Singapore, so I made time to spend time with him. He wanted to go to Marina Bay Sands (MBS), so I accompanied him there. I didn't know that MBS was so close by school, around 4 to 5 bus stops down! Anyway, as a civil engineer by training, I thought it would be interesting for him too to check out the place.
When we arrive, we wanted to go up to the 57th floor for the skydeck. I told him that we need to pay SGD20 each to go up. He insisted that he wanted to go up there without paying, so I told him that he can use his charm to see whether he could get his way through. He wanted to go up through the casino, but I told him that I had to may SGD100 to just to go in. After asking the concierge, we up to the 57th floor, without paying. We said we wanted to dine on the restaurant upstairs, lol.
It was a good time, spending time and getting to know more about him.

Joseph took this picture. At the foreground is the south of Singapore. I was wearing the beautiful blue earrings that he and Wan Xian gave for my birthday. :)

Through the next few days, I received smses, facebook msgs and wall posts, and emails from friends. Oh, and cards too. ;) Friends from Penang, who do not need any reminders to tell them is my birthday. My dear exchange friends, who celebrated my birthday with me in Wuhan last year. My Singapore friends, who msged me on my birthday. And not to forget my siblings, whom for the past few years have not been together, called me on my birthday. My parents too, using new technology to message and call me. ;)