Have you ever receive a letter 3 months after it was supposed to be delivered? ;) I was delighted when I received them today.
It started off when Zhi Hao, who went to exchange with Yung Chaw to Wuhan 1 semester before me, went back to Wuhan last December to settle some official matters there. He took the opportunity to meet up with Da Tou and the others. Around the same time, Wan Xian's parcel reached Wuhan, and so, our friends there responded by writing back letters to her. Zhi Hao was the postman, and brought the letters back to Singapore for Wan Xian. It was quite cool then, cus Wan Xian had never personally met Zhi Hao, but cus he was the intermediary between her letters from Wuhan and her, she got to meet him. :) I'm amazed at how our networks are connected, from Zhi Hao and Yung Chaw, to me and Wan Xian, to Josh and Yetian. :)
I didn't think I would have letters from them, but did hope for it. But Da Tou asked me whether I have received his letter, and I said no. I was in India then, so there was no way that Zhi Hao could pass the letters to me.
After coming back from India to Singapore, I still didn't meet Zhi Hao. Zhi Hao went back to India for work (he went to India for work after graduation). Switching of places, didn't have the fate of meeting.
Recently (or maybe some time ago...he doesn't announce his return on any social sites), he just came back from India, and called me up to say that he has letters to pass to me. I was delighted. ^.^ Nonetheless, I couldn't meet him then, as I was still at home and he needed to rush off from SMU to some other place. He got YC to pass the letters to me.
I got the letters from YC a couple of hours ago. I had such laughs reading Da Tou's letter, I think people may think I'm reading a letter from my boyfriend or something if they saw me, ha. But he's just so funny, mentioning how our friends are, apologizing for not hosting me well enough in Taiwan, apologizing for not really keeping in touch and ranting that I should make an effort too, and writing my name incorrectly at the start. =.=
Then I read Yetian's letter. She's really creative, and drew a snowman and reindeer on the front of the card. I really like her drawings, they seem fresh to me, like a drawings from a child. I think her Chinese writing has improved. ^.^ The card is also very cute! Very creative too. :)
I find it ironic receiving personally delivered letters later than snail mail ones. Irony of it being that I have more updated news about them than the cards that I just read 1 hour ago. :)
I'm glad that I have these friends, and still keep in touch with most of them. Recently, Liu Dan came to Singapore, and I was very glad to meet her up too. Real bright girl, with a lot of 胆气.
xoxo to them. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment