Now I have been in India for a couple of days already. And I conclude that I can drive in New Delhi. One is that they drive on the left (or "right") side of the road, second, the way they drive seems similar to how I would drive wrecklessly in Penang, and I am capable of doing so. (Yes, many can testify on this =.=)
Yes, busy and messy traffic. But really, not as bad as Wuhan. In Wuhan, they swerve, cut lanes, in an instant. Here, they wait, try to cut lanes, but there's the sense that they do it slower. Kinda like Penang. You have to let the cars pass first.
But I don't think I can drive in Old Delhi. Yes, New and Old Delhi, the difference. I don't get it how all kinds of transport can be on one road - cars, motocycles, rickshaws, tut-tuts, carriages (yes, horses pulling a big pumpkin), and men pulling their loads on a big wagon on the road. Not to mention the horses and cattles that are on the streets at times too.
I'll post some pictures of the road conditions here, then you'll know what I mean. So far, I'm still enjoying the one week orientation, sight seeing, learning Hindi, walking around and breathing the air of Delhi.
0 comments:
Post a Comment