I was talking to different friends about this, and I realise something about our cultural identity.
Minorities living in countries with a significant migrant population of their race will identify more with their cultural identity than those living in countries with a small migrant population of their race.
I don't know whether I'm making sense, but anyway...for example, Penang and Melbourne have a significant Chinese population as minority. If you stick around with just Chinese, then it'll be more likely that you hold on to Chinese values.

But if you grow up in say Holland, the Netherlands, or Hamilton, NZ, with no significant Chinese population, then you're less likely to be attached to your Chinese values.
I think it applies across for Indians, Japanese and Koreans who live outside of their country. I might be wrong. :S
Sidestuff: 我已经考完试了!呵呵。也不是说怎么样吧,因为我考试也不会很难,差不多都懂呢。我最近干嘛?做工,和朋友聚一聚,呵呵。以下就是乌节路的装饰了。漂亮吗?我觉得还好吧。我比较喜欢2008年的装饰呢,有Nutcracker,呵呵,像发白日梦的感觉。今年的掉的装饰都是多角星星,尖尖的,我本身没那么喜欢。


Rainy day!

Outside Orchard Central

Let me introduce a new person, haha. My church mate, whom I usually play tennis with, Chi Keung. He was a Hong Konger, but it he doesn't care whether he defines himself as that or a Singaporean now. He always laughs when I speak Cantonese, but oh well, at least he lets me practice :)
At the crossroads of Orchard Road near Somerset MRT.

Christmas Tree! This is quite nice. :)

Ah violins...inside one of the new shopping malls :)
So many new shopping malls now that I lost count and don't know which one I walk into. Haha.