Yup, the time has come...the Johor trip that the LTB gang and I planned to go for 2 1/2 months ago!It is just a 1 day trip, but yet we faced some obstacles in going ahead with it. One had her passport with the embassy, one had financial constraints, etc...but I'm glad all things turn out well in the end. :)
Who's in this group? The few of us, who did LTB together 2 years ago. It's a project we did together, and we still kept in contact. Since we take different courses and don't meet in school as a group, this Johor trip was great for us to catch up, to just spend time with each other.
We had 2 Indons, 2 Singaporeans (which includes a half-Malaysian) and 1 real Malaysian. Ironically, it's the Malaysian and the half-Malaysian who haven't went to JB before. Too close to home I guess, and therefore didn't go there. Plus, JB is deemed to be dangerous! But what do we think after the trip? Ah, I guess JB ain't that dangerous. We were extra careful. ;)
So we set off from Kranji, where there's buses to JB on a 15 min interval. It costs only S$0.80 to go across the boarder!
I think it was quite cool that when we reached there, each of us had to use different lanes to go through the custom...some had to fill in the customs form (Malaysia should do away with it man...so troublesome), whereas Sa and I just walked through, haha. On our way back, I got scolded for not showing them my Msian IC! Hmmph! Ah, oh well, privileges when crossing the boarders, so no complains.
The first noticeable difference after crossing the boarder...the escalators are slower. LOL.
We did many (or not so many things that day). But to just sum up, these are the random things that happened:
- Sarah is so Sarah. She bought a pair of new shoes and wore it instantly. Can't blame her though, it's only RM22.50! (Sheesh, we've been staying in Spore for too long)Nice shoes, natural Sarah ;)
- We watched a movie for RM9! That's sooo cheap as compared to S$10 for a ticket here! (See, told you we stayed in Singapore for too long d)Outside the cinema
- Yes yes, bubble gum Jon. That Singaporean couldn't resist himself and bought chewing gum at RM1.20 for 5 sticks. Evina and I were berating him for buying such expensive chewing gum.3 of us, with Jon's big-ball-bubblegum. Look at our cheeks!
- Yup, in Malaysia, this goes: 5 people in a taxi. just give them more money, that's all. ;)4 of us behind the taxi...Jon sat in front! So from an RM7 taxi fare, it became RM10
- My only buy...SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS passport cover...woohoo!!!! SO CUTE. Sorry, it's just so cute.."Who lives in the pineapple under the sea..." I bought one for my bro too! PY, you have to wait...or you can tell me what kind you like...haha.
Spongebob!
And my fav pic of the day....

Yes, Jon had to take neoprints with us too! Oh well, he has 4 gals taking pics with him..who wouldn't want it? ;)
I realised that speaking in Chinese is really an asset...I was practically the communicator within the group! Only Jon and I learnt Mandarin formally, and I was more comfortable with speaking in Mandarin than Jon. Plus with my Malaysian-accented-Mandarin, it is less intimidating to the people we talk to. I was the one who bargained with the cab drivers for 5 of us to sit in the cab! Proud of myself, haha. These few days my Mandarin...became really Malaysian, speaking to Wai Che, Gwen, YH...:S
And what's the difference between the 1km of bridge which separates the 2 countries? The air (dustier), the houses (bigger), the shops (rows of shop houses everywhere), the traffic (a little haphazard)..., as Sarah said, a little nostalgic. ;)
Yup, each one of us have changed, esp in hairstyle, lol. Grown up, more mature, did internships, went through heartbreaks. But we survived. Things change, but the friendship, still stays. (Don't know what's wrong today, with all the aliterations and poetic lines...)
Tara, Evina, Sa, Me and Jon ;)
0 comments:
Post a Comment