6 hours. 6 hours. 2 hours. 5 hours. 9 hours.


That was my sleeping schedule for the past 5 days.

This is my last week of school, and thus the more-than-irregular hours.

There was one of the days where I stayed back at school till 2am. No, it's not normal.

But why didn't I complain?

Because...

We were all in this together....(the High School Musical song playing in my head)

It was for Ethics. Jon, Evina and I had the presentation to do the next morning. Our Prof gave us the topic one week before hand, and therefore the limited time to do it. We practically met everyday for the whole week, cracking our brains with Utilitarian, Kantian Ethics and Egoism frameworks. O man.

But we were a team. Mind you, not a group, but a team. We did it together. It was a handful for 3 people to do (other groups had 4 or 5 people), but we managed.

There was this crucial moment at 1130pm on Monday were we hand to decide what to next:
Jon: Look, it's quite obvious that we would still need more time to do this project. Would you all want to go back now, and come back earlier in the morning to finish it up?
Me: Ha, I'll miss my last bus!
Jon: Hm, it's either that, or we stay late, probably until 1 or 2 am to finish this up, and come earlier - I mean not so early, probably 7plus to rehearse.
Me: *wide-eyed*
Evina: Ha, then we just finish it now lor. Since we are at it. Come earlier to rehearse.
Me: But I still have my actuarial science homework to finish!
*Silence*
Jon: Which carries more weight, this or your homework?
Me: *guilt-strikened* but this is my homework...
Jon: Tell you what. You do your homework now, and me and Evina will discuss. If there's any place where we need your input, we'll call you.
Me: Ha, really ar...
Jon: Well, it's choosing between two bad choices, so we'll choose the better choice.
Evina: Then Jon, in that case, just let Pei Qi go home first la, since she won't be involved in the discussion.
Me: No, it's okay. I will feel guilty if I leave you all here to do and I go home.
Evina: Ha, really ar.
Me: Ya, let's do this.

And we stayed, and discussed, till we were so sleepy we were like half-drunk. We stayed till 2am, and took cabs home, and came to school at 7plus the next day. Sacrifice, but definitely worth it. For the project, but more than that, for the friendship.

I probably have not mentioned these 2 friends of mine often enough, but they are my LTB friends. It was a course that we did together, that fateful course. It was done together with few others, plus Sarah. And through the rough and good times, they are friends whom I know, will always have this bond together, whether or not we meet up often. :)

Tara, Evina, Jon, Sa and Me
A pic we took 1.5 years ago at GAYA. :)