And so it's goodbye Yeo's,
and Heeeelllloooo Far East and properties! :)
The Yeo's manufacturing plant where I was based for roughly 6 weeks was pretty far away from where I stay. And it was at a pretty ulu place. It was like only 1km away from Malaysia!
I like being at Far East's main office. It's along Orchard Road (woohoo!), central, accessible, close to school, more colleagues, and have more responsibilties here. This gives me opportunities to learn new stuff on-the-job. :D
To add the cherry to the cake, I get to go around places here. I don't need to stay in the office all day!! Yay!! Internal auditors in Far East have to move around, as the properties that they audit are all over Singapore. These are the few places that I have went to:


A storehouse at Eunos Link. This was a pretty ulu place, but at least we got there in a (air-conned) taxi.We went there for a stock take.
Clarke Quay. (Muahahaha)
I took this while at the Riverside Point building.
Apparently, Riverside point is owned by Far East too.
We also went there for a stock take.


Orchard Scotts residence at Newton (which is near Orchard).
It has service residences + commercial units. Usually expatriates stay here.
80% of units sold are to them.
It is darn nice! Look at the pool and the walkway! But one penthouse can cost up to $7million. :S

Changi Village Hotel.
I think the ceiling has cool lights. :P
I will be based at Changi Village hotel for 2 weeks, starting from next week for auditing work. It's nice, but it's at a v ulu place!! There's only 1 bus available there, and the nearest MRT station is a 15 min taxi ride away! Oh wells, I'm satisfied with work, nonetheless. :D
The Salsa band + people dancing to the music :D
Backgound: the museum (colonial building)
Went out with my friend last week to see artsy/music stuff. It was a cool day (but physically very hot and humid :S), haha. The Asian Civilisation Museum had it's open day (or open night, I would say), and stayed open till 12am. They had a range of programmes, free food (!!!) and life bands. It was a salsa band, and it was so cool, people were spontaneously dancing to the music on the grounds outside the museum! And it wasn't just the ang-mos who were dancing. Hah. Not something you see everyday, hehe. It was pretty contagious, I started hopping around too, haha. The band was pretty hyped, but being Asians, many just sat on the grass and blankly looked at the band, heh.
Joy :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment