Today was the Campus Crusade Freshmen Orientation Camp. It's great to see young, fresh faces joining the family. Nice to know that a friend's brother is there too, he seems like a nice guy so far, :P.
I lead worship today, and it has been ages since I've done so. It's a session where we sing songs to God to let Him touch us and for us to express our love for Him. The Holy Spirit was within me, singing those songs. I was tired, weary, from work. But God gave me the energy to lead, sing, and jump. Hehe. The room was cold, but I felt warm within. And I thank God for using the songs to touch the hearts of people. And I guess the songs chose with prayer to God are the ones that will touch people's heart, because it is what God wants to speak to us with.
I also shared my testimony on how I got into SMU. I felt that it was the right time to share, as many of them were freshies. I wanted to encourage them to look forward, as no matter whether the uni we are in now is the one of our choice, God placed you there, and has plans for you there.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11
Claim this truth man.
Oh, and thank ya my mate, for the indigenous postcard. Yes, it was definitely a surprise, a pleasant surprise indeed. It's much appreciated too, as I came home, tired, and wanting to sleep after spending time with God, but when I saw that postcard, I knew that it is from you, my dear mate. I smiled, and opened it. And while reading it, I "Ha Ha Ha" here and there. :P Thanks for it, I can imagine you saying those words, which is really heartwarming, receiving words from a person who grew up in the same place as I did. :)
1 comments:
o.O never thought u'd receive it so soon! LOL it's been only a week since i posted it n i can't remember what i said d that made u go "ha ha ha" XD
thank God u're doing gr8 over there! ;)
Post a Comment