Dear Father Lord,

"I thank you Lord, for your provision so far. I thank You for seeing me through this tough period. Study week, exam week. I have a lot to thank You for."

It's super late now. 1.40am. I should be sleeping, cus I have exam tomorrow. But I was talking to God, and realised that I had so many things to thank God for. The list below is probably just a few things that I thank the Lord for. There probably are more than that's listed. I thank God too for the people around me. I won't mention names, but you all know who you are.

1. I thank God, for seeing me through these 2 weeks. I had a term paper to do during the study break, and it was super tiring. I slept at 5am last Friday, finishing up the paper. Yea...it's my fault, didn't start earlier. I thank God that I still had time to study despite having to finish the term paper. I know that I didn't do my best, writing the paper and all, but at least, it's over. Thank God.

2. I thank God, for the friends around me. I thank God that when studying gets boring, or when I feel like talking to someone esp after dinner, there is always someone to call up. Not just one friend who I can talk to, but I can call a few of them. And I thank God for them. It makes life during exam period more joyful.

3. I thank God for the email conversations that I am having with 2 friends. Just random things that we talk about really helps in taking my mind off studies for awhile. The emails are encouraging as well, as you know that life still goes on, despite exams.

4. I thank God for the Economic Development in Asia(EDA) study group that my friends and I had on Sunday. Prior to that, I did not touch EDA AT ALL. It was quite disgusting to read through 13 weeks worth of slides yourself. And I'm glad that each of us were efficient, and we delivered what we had to. Each person focused on a few weeks worth of slides, 3 to 4 weeks of slides per person, and we did notes for the chapters that we were in-charge of. We went through the topics...6 hours of discussion...really great man. And yea, plus all the nonsense, and being the last bunch of people to leave the library on a Sunday night. Talk about being nerds.

5. I know that I could have studied more for every subject, esp for STATS201. I just had the exam today, and I don't know how I'd do for it. But I pray, that I will commit the results that I get to God. Ultimately, the results that I get would be what God wants for me. He wants me to go through a process, so that I can understand more about myself and also how I should study. And yes, thank God for this too.

6. I thank God for the 2 hour dinner that I had with a fellow brother in Christ just now. (Yes, 2 hour dinners, even when I have exam the next day. I needed to chill.) It was encouraging. I think we encouraged each other, and shared some stuff just now. =)

7. I thank God for the friends who are constantly keeping me in prayer, and send encouraging notes/emails during exams. I thank God for the friends and Profs who helped me with my subjects. I thank God that I can cope with Macro econs at least (i'm taking this exam tmr...last paper...woohoo!)

8. I thank God for the meeting that I had with my primary school/high school friends last Monday. Yes. Last Monday, when I had exams 2 days later. I know that I had to meet them, as one would be going back this Sat, when my exams end. I know meeting up with them meaning less time to study...so why did I make way for them? Simple. Cus they are friends. Friends who grew up with me. We went to Chinatown, and to Clark Quay (Yea! Cool yea? Just before exams, haha), and to Equinox, where we saw the beautiful night scene of Singapore on the 70th floor. We walked from Chinatown to Equinox...cool yea? It was quite a long walk, but it was fun. =)

9. I thank God for my siblings. One who fetches me to school during exam(cus she knows that I tend to be late =P), and also for not letting her temper go when she wanted to sleep and I was still studying in her room. I know that Jie is super tired, cus of her shifts and stuff, but I was super stressed that I would have snapped and her if she were to talk to me. I was studying in her room, and she kept quiet all the while (During non-exam period, one of us would usually make noise, either talking or just some weird noises, haha) She also bought some chocolate biscuit thing today to encourage me(haha, she knows my cravings and likes). I also thank God for the other one who helps me scan maps and information for my term paper, and does is ever so efficiently. And I know she's also concerned about me, haha. The other lil boy? Just thank God that he's still him. =)

10. Lastly, I thank God for being who He is. For being my strength, and lifting me up when I am lame. I feel very tired. Weary even. But I thank God for taking my hand when I reach for Him.

Was meditating/reading this in the morning, on thanksgiving:

1Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!
2Serve the LORD with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
3Know that the LORD, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and His sheep of His pasture.
4Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise,
Be thankful to Him, and bless his name.
5For the LORD is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth enduers to all generations.
~Psalm 100~