For the sake of Tim, I'll talk about stuff that are not regarding the God in my life, and to present myself as a normal, approachable person who isn't all holy and in the heavens. Just to make it clear, a sinner I am, but by His grace I'm saved.
Anyway, lately I've been busy with a lot of stuff. And singing is one of them. I have to attend practices every Friday night, and for 3 weeks, every Saturday afternoon. The former, because I'm a member of Voix, my school's a cappella singing group, and the latter, because I'm in the executive committee. Haih. Commitment needed man, who asked me to be in the committee. But oh well, since I've made my decision to join, might as well go all the way.
I decided to join a cappella singing instead of choir cus being 3 years in the choir, it really took the breath out of me, and I need some fresh air to breathe. Choir is very disciplined, and stringent. Haih. In my a cappella group, we usually do pop songs, and sing without accompaniment, which really trains your voice and ear. I love challenging myself. =D
Last Saturday, we had the singing session again. It was with Angie, from the Singapore A cappella Society. She did "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz with us. And also did individual sessions with us! It was quite scary, she asked each of us to go up and sing one by one, while the rest will just wait and practice the song. Usually our voices can cover up for each other, and I wouldn't need to worry if I go off key. It was my turn, and as how a usual warm up session gp, we did the scales and stuff. She also pushed me to reach my limits of my voice. Aiks. But what really brighten me up was that she said that I have a really nice alto voice! *alto meaning lower voice for females* I've always been diffident on my singing skills and ability, despite being in a singing group. But she really boosted my morales. =D
Anyway, this is the Swingle Singers doing "Flight of the Bumblebee" a cappella style. Quite cool eh? They can hold their notes so well, and sing in unison, and at the same time, do cute acts! You guys n gals can check out their other videos on Youtube, esp "Mission Impossible theme". Their singing is good.
1 comments:
Wow, really incredible! o.O
Post a Comment