I read through Peiying's blog, and saw that she had a couple of posts that were titled "Random Facts #". It was interesting, and I think it'll be a good way for me to update people on random things that I'm upto or random facts about me.

1. I'll explain my education and geographical background briefly. I'm Singaporean. I have a Penangite as a father, and a pro-Singapore Singaporean as a mother. I lived in Singapore till I was 5, and moved to Penang after that, because my dad had business there and he wanted to see us more. I retained my Singapore citizenship, and got a Malaysian PR. I came back to Singapore to study last year. There you go. Call me fake Singaporean or fake Malaysian. It's up to you.

2. I had lunch with Feiya and a Canadian on Tuesday after STATS class. He came to sit on our table, and we had a really interesting chat. He started talking about economics stuff, and started relating life to economic theorems. =.= Talked about the massacre in Russia, where don't know which dictator killed a lot of rich people. Said that he finds it interesting that it is always the middle class citizens who cause revolutions. Talked about politics, right and left wing, and talked about why the political party which has a more balanced stance always seem to get the most votes. And Feiya added to the whole thing by giving her economics theorem or it. =.= But overall, he broke my stereotypical view that ang mos are not well read. He's damn knowledgable. Helps that he's half Chinese and is cute too. =)

3. Went for a talk by the Malaysian ambassador to Singapore a month ago. He said that Malaysians are relational people, and they get hurt easily. But if you treat them nicely, they will go all the way to help/serve you. I agree.

4. Went for another talk by a CEO of a company today. Interesting that he said when dealing with people from other cultures, we must always remember to "overcommunicate". Things get screwed up really easily.

5. Doesn't like it when I walked along the corridor in SMU and people say "hi" to me, and asks "how are you doing" or "what are you doing" while walking. Darn. I don't like having such conversations. How can I answer in a few seconds, and whie walking?! I prefer deep conversations, or a simple "hi" would be more than enough.

6. Puzzled on why SMU acquaintances of mine don't say "hi".

7. Was extremely embarassed when I didn't say "hi" to someone who I mocked for not saying "hi" to me before.

8. Miss my Penang friends.

9. Is on a spiritually journey.

10. Have a class debate next week, and am grouped with 3 other guys. 1 Sri Lankan, 1 German, and 1 South Korean. Talked about diversity. Had our 1st meeting today, and found that the exchange students (German and South Korean) are hardworking, more hardworking than me, I must say. They are very willing to contribute ideas, and the South Korean was willing to have a meeting on Sunday evening despite just coming back from Batam. Talk about commitment. But nah, he has to rest. He's on exchange!! He should enjoy. German went through 9 months of National Service in case some country nearby them attack them. South Korean went through 2 years of National Service in case some country up there attack them.

11. Wants to have more dinners at home.

12. Is physically tired.

13. Don't worry, I'm emotionally and spiritually ok. =)