One of the activities that I enjoy a lot is hiking. Being in Singapore, I've not hiked any hill yet...till 2 days ago. You may ask: I've been in Singapore for almost a year, so why did I wait so long before I engage in one of my favourite-st things?
A couple of reasons...
1. I have the preception that Singapore has not many hills to hike. Which is true.
2. I'm too busy.
3. I don't hike alone...what if I get raped? Hah.
Low crime doesn't mean no crime!
4. I can't find people to hike with me.
So when my Dad, who's here for his check-up, wanted to go for a hike at the Bukit Timah Hill Reserve, I agreed, though I was feeling fatigue. We went on this hike...and we managed to reach the summit in...20 mins? You see, the hill (more like a mound, I think) is only 163m in height...man, what is this compared to Penang Hill, which is a 5km route from Botanical Gardens? Oh wellz, I enjoyed myself nevertheless. The sky was beautiful, and it's nice to be around nature. =D No high rise buildings around!
At night, we went for dinner at Sentosa...sounds like such a tourist-y place to have dinner eh. But we went to this exclusive club house there...called One 15. Kao(my sis's bf) is a member of the club, and wanting to please my parents for some obvious reason, he brought us there. Okie...it was very nice of him, I must say. We had this sumptuous dinner.
This is the menu for that night, which was mostly seafood:
1. Soup, which was inside this cucumber had a hole in it...so we were drinking soup from a cucumber.
2. Oyster in a bamboo casing
3. Fish...yummy, the sauce was nice.
4. Beef cheek (Yes, cheek...said to be the most tender part of the cow) It was tender!
5. Salted-egg crab. Yum! But we were pretty bloated by then.
Salted-egg crab!
I love the way the mirrors are placed...the mirrors actually face each other, so the mirrors have reflections of other mirrors. Besides, we can look at our behind if we want to. =)I have lots of spare time in my hands this few days, this being the exam week. I think it's because i have a lot of time, that I start to miss my Penang friends...friends who hike with me, friends there who understand me...and old friends, whom I know long before time, hah.

0 comments:
Post a Comment