I went for dinner tonight with Victor, and it was nice. Nice, cus after a few hours of studying, it's nice to relax. We went to a Jap restaurant at Serene Centre, which is located opposite my church. There was also the ice-cream shop there, the one that my friends and I went to after Good Friday service in church. This time round, Victor and I had the ice-cream flavours ReversO, which is nice, thick, yummy chocolate, and Pulut Hitam. (although the ice cream is named in some Malay name, I do not know what the original thing tastes like, or looks like. =S Probably looks like ba chang? Hee)

After that, we walked to the NUS Law School, which is SMU's old campus site. Victor was the tour guide there, hee. He pointed out which building was the old Business block, old Accountacy block, and ....the old Economics block. The old Economics block is called the Federal. Him being from the batch that studied a year there (he's Year 4 this year), naturally felt nostalgic. He started telling stories about the old campus, how people did not solely aim for grades there, how people played frisbee in the field during exam week...how strangers were expected to catch the frisbee when they walked across the field, all in all,
a big family. I was surprised when he said that the first few batches in SMU only had 200 or so people in total. 200 people from Business and Accountancy. Now, the newest batch, which is my batch, has 1600 students in total...

He also mentioned that the administrative staff there would tailor the courses according to the students' preferences. They would conduct a student survey every end of ter
m to find out what courses the students want to take the next term. The admin staff would then open a class to suit the students' wants. Anyway, I felt very relaxed there...there were greenery all around! It reminded me of Penang Free School. The quaint buildings (though renovated) and the trees and grass made me feel that I was back in Penang, in Penang Free School, to be specific. I remember the few times I went to Penang Free for camps and to visit a friend once...a real nice place. =) The NUS Law School is something like that, hee.

Quaint building, trees and field...=)
The field is called the lower quad

The old business block =)
This is the field (the upper quad) where students played frisbee,
and threw it at strangers. Hee.

Another view of the old business block and the upper quad.
The building on the right is the Manasseh Meyer building, which had seminar rooms during the SMU days.

It was sooo beautiful there. I wondered to myself: why didn't a choose a uni that has greenery? HAH. Oh wells, I still don't regret choosing SMU...office buildings and all. But I wondered again: If the current campus had all these around, the quaint buildings and the greenery, would the atmosphere in school be different? Would it be less stressful, and people would be a tat bit more friendly? Well, I think that we feel different when we are with nature. Nature itself has its own will, that make people feel differently. It has its aura, that can't really be defined. A humble undefined thing, I would say. =)

All the best to everyone who either has piles of work to do, revisions to finish, and projects to be done!