It is nice to feel refreshed after a few days of work.

Marilyn, a friend, brought me to her weekly meetings with the sisters in her church's campus group. I was quite suspicious, thinking: maybe she wants me to join her church, thus her kindness towards me.

However, I am very touched by the sincerity of all the sisters there. The leader, Joyce, who's a church worker, is such a great person. She originated from Taiping, a fellow Malaysian! One would never imagine that she got the JPA scholarship( in the 1980s eh...), studied actuarial science in London, worked as an actuarist for 5 years and some how or the other, become a church worker in Singapore. At this point of my life, I think it's quite a big sacrifice that she has made for God.=)

Since the campus group are going back to studies next month, she shared about going back to school. Here are the few things she shared:

1. Be prepared
Life studying is very different from the holiday life that the campus students are having now. It's study, study, project, project, church, family. Wah, very hectic. Though we are busy, we must never forget to put both our heart & mind to God.Thus we have to have a strong attitude to face the studying life again.

Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.-Colossians 3:2

2. Be renewed

Unless you are working or some how are more exposed to society, going back to campus means facing more temptations to sin. Sin, because we will feel stressed, have to face friends who are not really your friends. We'll feel bitterness, anger, and the bla blas. Thus, we have to be continually renewed in the spirit!

3. Be thankful
And last but not least, be thankful. For parents who say hurtful words, but provided you with education. For having some kind of meat on the table for dinner everyday. For the privilege to study till late hours, cuz not many have the opportunity to do so. =)

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.-Colossians 3:15

Joyce prepared a real sumptuous dinner for all of us. It's been sooo long since I've had great food to eat. Ok, partly due to myself who always starve myself cuz I wanna cut down on the flabby parts of my body. Anyway, we had dahl(don't know how to spell la, some Indian curry), macaroni that looks like rice grains but tastes really good, and cheese cake! Ahhh...still so full now.=)

So Marilyn just wanted to share the joy that she felt with me. And I'm glad that she did.=D And I also hope that one of these days, you guys out there would feel the joy of Jesus that I feel too.